Now We Are Six

I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I’m as clever as clever.
So I think I’ll be six
now and forever.

-A.A. Milne

On October 9, my babies, George and Eleanor turned six. I know! It’s been an entire month. I expect my mommy blogger license to be revoked any day now…

But day of, or one month later – they are SIX. And I’m looking at these amazing humans with complex ideas and gaps where baby teeth used to be and I still see babies…toddlers…not-yet-six-year-olds…

Birthday:

Babies:

One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

SIX!

Kind of a random Halloween shot – but it cracks me up.

And these two keep me laughing pretty much all day long. I don’t know what I’d do without them…

Happy (belated blog post) birthday George and Eleanor! I love you to pieces!

13 Responses to Now We Are Six
  1. christy
    November 9, 2012 | 12:05 pm

Oh my god this post made me tear up! I can’t believe how grown up they are!!! Love all these pictures and that poem. What a sweet post. And kinda like wedding presents, you have a whole year to do it – so really, you’re 11 months early. Or something. Glad to see a new post on your site – I miss you! On that note – see you in just a few weeks! YAY!
    christy recently posted..A perfect parenting moment….or NOT.My Profile

2. Galit Breen
    November 9, 2012 | 2:42 pm

Ohmyheart, through the years posts are my FAVORITES!

Happy 6 years {and one month!} to your loves!

And whew! Happy the same to you, mama! That’s a lot of work and love right there!
    Galit Breen recently posted..And Then It RainedMy Profile

3. Lexi
    November 9, 2012 | 9:54 pm

Happy birthday E&G!
    Lexi recently posted..hurricane sewingMy Profile

4. Rebecca
    November 10, 2012 | 8:01 am

OMG, those are the cutest pictures ever!!!

5. katie terry
    November 10, 2012 | 1:10 pm

ahhhh what great pictures! and they’re absolutely darling! miss you and the blog world. i’ve been working on my 2012 catch-up also :)

xx

6. Annie Prenni
    November 10, 2012 | 11:53 pm

Oh Kate–they are beautiful! What a blessing to have twins! I love their pictures–they are so precious!! Happy 6th birthday!!
    xoxo
    Annie
    Annie Prenni recently posted..Good Enough!My Profile

7. Connie Weiss
    November 11, 2012 | 10:06 am

Happy Birthday!

They are getting so big!
    Connie Weiss recently posted..Almost HomeMy Profile

8. Chrisy
    November 11, 2012 | 10:07 am

The time goes by SO freakishly fast. It seems like just 20 minutes ago I was reading posts about your twin toddlers. What happens when the children all go to college? What kind of bloggers will we be then?

Loved every photograph, Kate. Thank you for sharing. You’re a wonderful mother to beautiful children. Happy Birthday, George and Eleanor!

(The Halloween picture and grocery list are AWESOME.)
    Chrisy recently posted..The CatchallMy Profile

9. Lady Jennie
    November 12, 2012 | 8:51 am

Did Anna tell you that I missed you? So glad to see you back.

Your kiddies are so cute – I love the newborn who is sticking her (his?) tongue out.
    Lady Jennie recently posted..How to Survive Euro DisneyMy Profile

10. Leslie
    November 12, 2012 | 2:46 pm

Love love love love the photos posted in order like that! Oh my gosh I need to get more organized!

They are A-stinkin-DORABLE! The “babies” photo is perfect – just perfect.

Happy birthday to both of them!!!
    Leslie recently posted..Overheard . Multicultural AppreciationMy Profile

11. heidi
    November 20, 2012 | 1:15 pm

You’re here! You’re finally here!! (Back in the blogosphere, I mean) I’ve missed you. And those kids. They’re gorgeous, Kate.
    heidi recently posted..all about youMy Profile

12. Denise
    November 26, 2012 | 11:42 pm

My baby is turning 6 next week… I truly can’t believe it, SIX. I love the photos, I’ll have to do the same.
    Denise recently posted..If You Give Denise a Couch…My Profile

13. Loukia
    November 28, 2012 | 2:39 pm

Awww! That picture of them as babies, I cannot deal with the cuteness! How sweet are they? Such beautiful children, Kate. Happy (belated) Birthday to them! xo
    Loukia recently posted..What Will My Boys Remember?My Profile