I don’t know about you, but I really like to know the faces behind those blog posts. So I love pictures and vlogs. And of course, I never post pictures of myself and I never vlog. This is mainly because I’m never in any pictures (I’m generally behind the camera) and I never have anything to vlog about.
But that all ends today! Chris asked me to take some pictures of a little sous chef work I did for his cooking blog, Dad Can Cook yesterday. When our crappy camera started acting up (you know – the one George semi-broke at the beach), I decided to vlog it.
Before you go though, a few disclaimers/lessons learned:
1. Our kitchen is a hideously outdated galley, so you will most likely see flashes of cheap cabinetry and decorative tile.
2. People with thin lips should really splash on a little color before vlogging. I make Morticia Adams look like Angelina Jolie.
3. A low chignon-like pony tail is not a great look on camera – particularly in bad lighting (see makeup issue above).
4. It is absolutely time to get that deviated septum corrected. My nose looks like it’s on the side of my head.
5. The issue with still images featured on vlog windows when not playing being horribly unflattering seems to apply to me as well. Times 100.
6. This is my first ever attempt at a vlog – so treat it as you would a preschooler’s Mother’s Day art project (“Oh, that’s VERY good! Not quite sure what it is…but it’s very special.“)