Have You Ever Wondered What I Look Like?

I don’t know about you, but I really like to know the faces behind those blog posts. So I love pictures and vlogs. And of course, I never post pictures of myself and I never vlog. This is mainly because I’m never in any pictures (I’m generally behind the camera) and I never have anything to vlog about.

But that all ends today! Chris asked me to take some pictures of a little sous chef work I did for his cooking blog, Dad Can Cook yesterday. When our crappy camera started acting up (you know – the one George semi-broke at the beach), I decided to vlog it.

So go HERE to see the face (and voice, god help me – just as bad as on the voice mail greetings…) behind The Big Piece of Cake and Wishing True.

Before you go though, a few disclaimers/lessons learned:

1. Our kitchen is a hideously outdated galley, so you will most likely see flashes of cheap cabinetry and decorative tile.

2. People with thin lips should really splash on a little color before vlogging. I make Morticia Adams look like Angelina Jolie.

3. A low chignon-like pony tail is not a great look on camera – particularly in bad lighting (see makeup issue above).

4. It is absolutely time to get that deviated septum corrected. My nose looks like it’s on the side of my head.

5. The issue with still images featured on vlog windows when not playing being horribly unflattering seems to apply to me as well. Times 100.

6. This is my first ever attempt at a vlog – so treat it as you would a preschooler’s Mother’s Day art project (“Oh, that’s VERY good! Not quite sure what it is…but it’s very special.“)

13 thoughts on “Have You Ever Wondered What I Look Like?

Super fun! I think you look great. I think your voice sounds a bit like Martha Stewart's. I mean this as a compliment.

Ooh I can't wait to watch it later today – but since I do know you, and your kitchen, I can say that you look great in person in a low ponytail, your nose is perfect as is, and my mom has always thought that you reminded her of Martha, in the most flattering way – she loves her. Also, I hate the word vlog but I like videos. Go figure!

-Christy

3. Notes From the Grove

Oh my God, how did I not know you two were MARRIED?!?!?!?! Hahahaha! I've been reading and commenting your blogs for MONTHS!

Geez, I'm dumb.

GREAT VIDEOS!

4. SuzyVoices

Dang! I can't see it from work OR my iPhone. Guess I'll have to wait til I get home. I'm not a patient person.

5. for a different kind of girl

Gah! We're supposed to be cooking and stuff?! Let's keep that on the down low, shall we?

You're adorable, btw!

The other morning, while my son was enjoying some peanut butter toast (Oh! Wait! I COOKED THAT!!), I recorded him while I chatted with him, and when I was done and we played it on the computer, I was all, "When did a man come into the house and record you eating peanut butter toast and while also asking you all the questions I asked you?"

So, yes, I don't think I do, but apparently technology does think I sound like a man. Awesome.

Now, if only that man cooked…

6. Lady Mama

I love seeing vlogs – but only on sites where the blogger doesn't usually do them… You're a natural! (I would be a crap vlogger). And that video has persuaded me that I DEFINITELY need to get a crockpot. That pulled pork looks fabulous.

7. Amanda @ Serenity Now

"Oh, that's VERY good! Not quite sure what it is…but it's very special."

KIDDING!!! I think you were fantastic!!! :)

8. Manic Mommy

I never knew Chris had a blog! Now I must stalk.

You did fabulously! I would have kept stopping and starting. You should definitely incorporate the VLOG into your blog!

Oh, and I hate you for having a husband that cooks!

Okay I finally had a chance to view the three videos and just loved them. They were so cute and flattering! You look adorable on film/video/vlog/etc!!!

10. Diane J.

That was great! Love the background vocals (kiddos). I love the honesty "That took a really long time." LOL.

Oh, and you're too hard on yourself, you looked great!

11. EatPlayLove

Great job Kate! Love it and wish I could stop by for a sandwich. Oh and btw, you should really make pizza on Fridays, easy peasy.

12. bigmamacass

haha That was awesome What the heck were you talking about because you looked great! :) Now I want a pulled pork sandwich!