My Happy Place

Isn’t this lovely?

This is where I will be (in my head) for the next week. Things are not going well at Big Piece of Cake Headquarters, and I need a vacation. The vacation will only be in my head of course, and I will still have to go to work and deal with the source of my need for escape… But I’m going to invest all of my free mind space in holding my light floral skirt back against the warm Summer breeze and gazing at my new strappy white shoes (I SAID it was Summer in my head – so white shoes are allowed).

Instead of turning off the lights and pulling down my pink shade though, I’ve asked a few friends to guest post in my absence. A couple of moms, a couple of young ladies…all people I love to read. I hope that you will enjoy them as well.

In the meantime, I will be enjoying warm weather and new footwear in the painting above. OR…

I may be here enjoying a late afternoon cocktail and rethinking that zebra head (it seemed like a good idea at the time…). OR…

I may be here with my nose pressed up against the window. Bad moods come and go – but some things never change…

See you in a week!

26 thoughts on “My Happy Place

I’m sending you lots of good vibes, my friend. I hope things turn around for you sooner than later. Imagine it, and it will happen! SORRY to be so corny, but you know I think it’s true! Will miss your writing, but will be here when you return!

2. Heidi Ashworth

You are very clever! I hope your week off will bring you all the warm breezes your heart desires!

3. 3 Peas in a Pod

Kate,

I love the skirt and shoes!!! Beautiful picture. Today is the first day of Spring so that means Summer is right around the corner.

We’ll be waiting on the other side upon your return.

Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

4. Cyndy

I know it’s hard to write when you’re not in the mood so I hope things start looking better during the coming week. We’ll miss you!

5. Robin

I love how you illustrated your thoughts! Hope you have a really good break and look forward to your return!

6. Shawn

I hope you are doing ok…

I occasionally go to places(in my head) that I love to get away from my life. It is the only way that I can dive back in and keep swimming—with my head above water, anyway.

7. Coco

Oh I wish I could figure out how to do that in my head. I need a vacation in the worst kind of way and work is slamming.

I hope it works for you. Send me your secret…

8. mel

Looking forward to the reading what the guests come up with and having you back in a week. Enjoy your vacation and your white shoes!

9. Miss Eve

Ah I love paintings…they can really take you away…enjoy your time off and have a nice weekend. Love: Evi

10. Laura

Just stopping by from SITS to say hi. Those pictures are fabulous. Love them.

Check out my spring giveaway.

11. Pam

Visiting from SITS! I hope you find your vacation, even if only “mentally”. Love the picture of the summer dress and white sandals.

12. Heather of the EO

I’m sorry things are hard right now. Peace to you and yours. You’ll be missed.
    Happy white shoe gazing,
    Heather

13. butwhymommy

Sorry you are having a rough go. I hope your mental vacation helps.

I wish I would have thought of guest bloggers. It would have made me feel better about not blogging for a while.

I hope you have a good week…full of rest and treats and summer in your head and some time for yourself.

I’ll miss you around here. Take your well deserved break and we’ll be here when you get back! :)

15. nicole

email me when you return and we’ll do a kid romping ho down…that will get you back in good spirits, right? :) seriously though, i feel like i’m finally settling in so give me a shout.