Random Guest Post from Chris Hood

So, I asked Kate if I could write something again. I read her blog every chance I get. She is so funny and such a great writer. In no way do I think that I could possibly be as witty. I have been trying to figure out what to write. Last time I wrote about the Olympics. But this time I think I am going to simply just give my side of the story.

First, as Kate has confirmed before, we live in an insane asylum. Yup, this place is freaking nuts. two toddlers that are in their terrible twos and a little boy who will be four in March and has speech delays so he cannot express himself sometimes. I know that it has to be as frustrating for him as it for me and Kate. As I type this George is laying on the floor and crying for some unknown reason, Eleanor is making Play Doh ducks and making them quack. Oliver has stripped off all of his clothing and is standing in the front window in his Star Wars underwear for all the neighborhood to see. Kate and I have given up on keeping him clothed as it is completely futile.

Few minutes later…. Oliver and Eleanor are now eating ice cubes. Ice cubes! The whole front lawn and street are frozen two inches thick with ice? Why do they want ice? Its because they are total whackadoos. In case you are wondering about George-well he has stopped crying but is now completely covered in tears and snot.

George is now sitting on Kate’s lap and is quietly zoning out. The other two are playing Play Doh. Oh by the way, its 11 AM.

I want to watch the Superbowl tonight. Wait! Eleanor just tossed a plastic dump truck up in the air and it came down and hit her in the face. Now she is crying….wait now she is laughing. Hmmmm. Oliver wants more ice. So… I want to watch the Superbowl but my chances of getting to are pretty slim since the TV police in this house only allow for kids shows. Man I really hope that Arizona wins… How awesome will that be? Now the girl is crying since she was throwing Play Doh and Kate took it away. Now wait…she is screaming. Loud! HA! Oliver just ate some Play Doh! Kate caught him and told him to spit it out but he was too fast and swallowed it. So… Superbowl. Um, yeah….

Does this whole thing seem disjointed? I’m disjointed.

PLAY DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

FRENCH FRIES! DADDY DADDY DADDY I WANT FRENCH FRES!

I wonder if Kate would be mad if I had a bunch of beers for lunch.

14 Responses to Random Guest Post from Chris Hood
  1. Marinka
    February 1, 2009 | 6:12 pm

Kate would applaud if you had beers for lunch! Nothing would please her more.

Great post!

2. chris
    February 1, 2009 | 6:16 pm

Just a little more to add. I can officially confirm that there are no cows in the neighborhood. Eleanors idea. She put on her boots and asked me to go outside and look for them with her.

February 1, 2009 | 7:51 pm

Chris that was really funny! I can totally picture all the scenes. Eleanor is so cute! I’m sure Kate wouldn’t mind if you had beers for lunch as you let her have a wine-only dinner!

4. Jo
    February 1, 2009 | 9:16 pm

Loved it Chris! Maybe Eleanor is psychic. After all, your entire town was built over former cow pastures. Maybe the girl is onto something, shades of cows!

5. Connie Weiss
    February 1, 2009 | 11:02 pm

Such is the life with toddlers!

I am having beer for dinner while I watch the super bowl. In fact, I think I will have one right now.

Good to hear from you again Chris!

6. Vodka Mom
    February 1, 2009 | 11:48 pm

Someone said there was beer here…..

7. K
    February 2, 2009 | 2:19 am

If you get beers for lunch, does Kate get wine for lunch and dinner?

8. butwhymommy
    February 2, 2009 | 2:35 am

I think its only fair to let Kate have wine too. Things might make a little more sense that way, you can get into the toddler mindset.

9. Kira =]
    February 2, 2009 | 4:05 am

Kate is very witty, but your post is hilarious, too. =]

10. Kirsten
    February 2, 2009 | 4:11 am

That was pretty funny. I think I’ll send my kids over to your house for a play-doh playdate. I refuse to let me kids play with that crap in my house.

This was the first year we actually watched the Superbowl since the kids were born. My six year old twins had a playdate through the whole thing and my three year old son just played Legos the whole time.

There’s light at the end of the tunnel… and beer too.

11. domesticinnyc
    February 2, 2009 | 2:15 pm

Sorry your team lost Chris, but I hope you got to watch the game and drain a few beers anyway — it was a good one! I remember the days of play doh fondly, and your little ones will too. I have a feeling that years from now you will remember them the same way. Enjoy these crazy days!!

12. mel
    February 2, 2009 | 4:01 pm

OMG. Too funny. I think these posts should come with funny-level warning messages though as I’ve reached a stage in my pregnancy where laughing really hurts the belly button. :)

I can’t wait for all these fun times! And no, I think beer is prefectly acceptable during this type of circus. :)

13. Heather
    February 2, 2009 | 6:28 pm

That sounds like my house. Right now I am watching my son run around after taking his clothes off and my daughter has just dumped her tea set all over the floor.

14. solo nicole